So you’re planning a wedding…

90.jpg
3H0A0120.jpg

What is important when choosing a wedding photographer?

1 - Experience. Weddings present many different kinds of photography challenges. Like shooting formals outside in bright sunshine vs. photographing a ceremony inside a dark church or having only 15 minutes to do family pics in the church before confessions starts, or needing to make gorgeous images when it’s raining or windy or sweaty. Or trying to wrangle a large bridal party and get family pictures taken care of without breaking a sweat. Make sure you like your photographer’s images from all parts of the day in different lighting conditions. We have photographed over 200 different weddings in the past 10 years! We love the unexpected and roll with the punches.

2 - Personality. Your wedding photographer will be spending the day with you on one of the most important, emotional and exciting days of your life. Make sure you choose someone that you like and that you trust. You should be comfortable talking with them and feel like they really care about you and listen to what you are saying. Having a good connection will make your day easier, more fun and will result in the best images possible. Communication and planning are key!

3 - Style. There are many types of photographers out there. We specialize in moments. Our goal is to tell the story of your wedding day to your kids. If documenting real emotion and authentic moments is important to you - we should definitely talk more! We believe your wedding day should be fun. The. Whole. Day. Even the posed family photos that no one likes having taken. For 80% of the day - you just relax and have a blast with your friends and family & we will document every minute. For the posed portrait time (the other 20% of the time)- we will work to make sure everyone is having fun and create unique beautiful images that speak to who you are and your love for one another.

4 - Price. Photography will be one of the more expensive things in your wedding budget. There are a lot of reasons why, but one of the things that makes it stand out from the rest of the day is that it is the ONE THING you get to keep! The flowers will fade, your dress will get put away, the food eaten and the centerpieces recycled. Your photos will tell a story to your kids and grandkids - they will remind you of better days during hard times, they will become treasured memories as loved ones pass and life goes one. Our packages always include 2 photographers and are priced depending on how much coverage you’d like of your day. Our most popular package is a full day of photography (getting ready until the end of the night) with 2 photographers for $3500. ALL of our packages include a sneak peek slideshow, an online proofing gallery to share and the digital images, edited and in high resolution with a release for personal use by you and your family. We also offer heirloom quality wedding albums and other art to adorn your walls!

Now that you know all of this - the best way to see if we are a good fit is to set up a consultation!
We can meet at our studio in Owego, NY or in cyberspace via Facetime or Skype. Just click below to set up a time to talk!